Dress and Personal Hygiene
Students are expected to dress in a fashion conducive to a positive learning environment and to meet health and safety standards. At no time are bare feet permissible in the building or the surrounding campus. Students may not wear strapless, off-the-shoulder or halter style tops or dresses. Low cut necklines are not allowed.
1. Tank top straps for females must be at least two inches wide. Spaghetti straps are not allowed.
2. There should be no skin showing between shirt bottoms and pant/skirt tops.
3. Skirt and shorts hemlines should be no shorter than the students mid thigh.
4. Males may not wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts.
5. Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
6. Student may not use sweaters or shirts as cover-ups for offending pieces of clothing. The offending clothing must be removed.
7. Face paint is not allowed during a typical school day; however, during special events/assemblies students may cover up to twenty-five percent of their face, so long as students faces are recognizable at all times.
8. No sunglasses or headwear covering eyes are allowed.
9. Hoods are not allowed to be worn.
10. No wearing of bandanas, hanging belts or chains.
If a students dress is not in line with these guidelines, he or she will be required to replace the offending item of clothing and a parent will be contacted. If the student persists in breaking the dress code, they will have to remain in the main office until they are able to change clothing and will receive a discipline referral. Additionally:
Clothing and hats depicting and/or advertising drugs, alcohol or tobacco products with words or pictures will not be permitted to be worn by students.
Pictures, symbols or words of a lewd or sexually provocative nature will not be worn by students, nor be displayed on their possessions (notebooks, backpacks, etc.).
Clothing representing gang affiliation will not be worn or displayed during school hours or when students are involved in after-school activities or at school sponsored events.